Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


The Adventures of Tom SawyerThe Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Among many old books inherited from my ancestors, was an early edition printing of this classic novel. The book was in excellent condition. Had I ever read it? I wasn’t sure. But now that I have finished it, I don’t think I ever had. What a thrill it was to read this classic from these old pages. I literally smiled every time I walked by the book while I was reading it. It is just one of those kinds of books. It was engaging, hilarious, and so well written. You can’t help but love mischievous Tom and his equally naughty cohorts. What a delightful journey! 

View all my reviews
This is the copy I read.  Deliciously old!  Unfortunately, there is no printing date in the book.

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

I remember seeing that book. How awesome that you have it.