Friday, July 17, 2020

The Dutch House

The Dutch HouseThe Dutch House by Ann Patchett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I hardly know where to begin in reviewing this enchanting book. Tom Hanks did the audio version. He is as amazing a narrator as actor. I believed he was telling his own story.
This is a story of siblings who cling together throughout their lives as they are all they have left after their mother deserts them and their father dies. It is a story of the importance of mother-love and how a person never entirely recovers from being abandoned by ones’ mother. It is also a story of a house and the people that lived there. One’s childhood home also becomes a big part of their story.
I highly recommend this well-written book, especially the audio version.




View all my reviews

No comments: