Friday, March 27, 2020

The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek

The Book Woman of Troublesome CreekThe Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved learning about the Pack Horse Library Project (a government project to get books into the hands of people in the Kentucky hills) and the blue people of Kentucky. But mostly, I loved Cussy Mary Carter. Though treated horribly, she treated others with respect, kindness, dedication, and love. She served them and gave all she had to them, even those who rejected her because of her blue skin color. I love her Christ-like example, putting her on my literary hero list. I hope this book has a sequel with no conflict, just the happily-ever-life of Cussy Mary. I know, it’s not going to happen. But after you read this book, you will agree that she deserves it!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

This is on my to read list. I'm waiting for Scribd to get it.