Friday, February 28, 2020

Peter Pan

Peter PanPeter Pan by J.M. Barrie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Though I have heard the story and seen the Disney version, I had never read the original Peter Pan. It was free on audible, so I listened to it. It was so well done! I’m sure it is full of symbolism, and though I am not sure I can decipher the author’s intents, I see symbolism. It seems that Peter Pan represents the iconic man that wants to stay young and keep playing and not accept responsibility or commitment and continue to have adventures. This leaves poor Wendy in his wake. But in the end, because of his choices, he is left alone- completely alone- well, except for Tinkerbell. That is the message to me. It is well-written and entertaining, and, as I said, very well done on audible.



View all my reviews

No comments: