Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Blizzard of Glass

Blizzard of Glass: The Halifax Explosion of 1917Blizzard of Glass: The Halifax Explosion of 1917 by Sally M. Walker

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The author tells the story of the Halifax explosion of 1917- the largest man-made explosion before the atomic bomb. We visited Halifax a few years ago and explored the museum about this explosion. Before that, I had never even heard of it. Many were killed, wounded, and maimed. Many more lost homes and property. Mrs. Walker does a beautiful job of giving the facts intermingled with the personal, tragic stories. A good and memorable read.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

Oh Kay, I want to read this! We visited the museum in Halifax and I couldn't believe the devastation and suffering that those poor people endured! Thanks for your review!

Kay Hinton said...

I will bring it when I see you next and you can borrow my book.