Monday, December 24, 2018

Radiation Treatment Graduation

I am happy to report that I completed my radiation treatments and am now healing!  Yea!  I had a total of 21 treatments on consecutive weekdays.  They make quite a big deal of graduations. They presented Ken and me with certificates.  Then they had me gong the gong.  There is a legend that the gong represents healing or something.  All the other patients in the room, waiting for their treatments, applauded and cheered. 

So with the completion of my radiation treatments, I now am healing.  Besides follow-up visits, I am done with that part of the treatment.  I have an appointment with a genetic counselor to determine if I have the gene for cancer.  I also will continue to meet with the medical oncologist as he prescribes hormone blocking drugs.  But the hard part is over. At least let us hope so, as my dad would say.  At least let us hope so.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Eric walker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joan Morris said...

Wahoo! You did it! I'm so proud of you and hope its all down hill from here on out.