Saturday, May 14, 2016

I Took a Tumble!

I'm not proud of this post, but I guess you have to tell the bad with the good. 
A cute family lives next door.  It is a grandpa and grandma with their daughter and two granddaughters.  One of the granddaughters is in middle school and runs track for her school .  She also plays the piano beautifully, and we can often hear her practicing when we walk by. 
So to show our support for her, we went to her track meet today (Saturday.)  She did well.  After she ran, we were moving up to sit with her grandma and watch her throw the shot put as we walked.  I didn't see a hole in the concrete floor of the stadium stands and I went right down!  I did a face plant!  I hit hardest on my left knee and my glasses-on the left side, but remarkably neither were broken.  I skinned both knees, my right wrist and hand and my lip.  Both knees swelled quite a bit, and are sore, but don't seem to have permanent damage (I hope!)  We are so grateful for that.  As soon as she got home, the grandma brought us some bandages that were just what I needed.  So I'm sporting a big white bandage and some pain, but am so grateful it wasn't worse.  So that's why I have some time to do all of these blog posts (I'll schedule them to post over the next several days.)  We had a dinner appointment with a part-member family this evening.  But I felt like I should stay home and nurse my wounds.  Ken went with one pair of the elders to the appointment.  So that gives me time to catch up on the blog!  Usually there are blessings in trials, aren't there?


We have been to a lot of track meets over the years with our daughters, and this really was very much the same as at home.   

PS  Ken and the elders just came and gave me a blessing.  I'm sure all will be well.  What a blessing to have the priesthood. 

3 comments:

Pam said...

Way to think of positive things to get out of a difficult situation. We can all relate. Sure hope everything heals up OK.

Joan Morris said...

So sorry about your tumble. Glad you can look on the bright side.

Ada said...

It's scary to fall on replaced knees. I so hope there are no repercussions from your fall. Best wishes recuperating fast!