Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Love, Kindness, Smiles, Music, and Most of all the Spirit are Understood in all Languages

Right after getting called to Japan on a mission, I emailed my sister, Patty.  Patty has been on three foreign missions: two to Siberia and one to East Germany.  She knows hard.  She knows what it's like to be in a country where you don't speak the language.  I was feeling overwhelmed and wanted some advice and comfort- mostly comfort.  Her words brought me great comfort.  I printed them up and posted them on my fridge where I can read them every day.  They are my new mantra:
  "Love, kindness, music, and most of all the Spirit are understood in all languages."

Thank you, Patty.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Such brilliant words and so timely, Patty. You live with the Spirit and you listened. I love my sisters!

Joan Morris said...

Beautiful advice!! You'll be great because you know and do all those things!

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for sisters! I have five and I'm thankful every day for them.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for sisters! I have five and I'm thankful every day for them.