Thursday, May 15, 2014

What's Fun For You?

A few years ago, I read in a book that it's important to analyze what is truly fun for you.- Not just what everyone thinks should be fun for you, but what is truly fun.  What memory in your life of when you were having fun truly puts a smile on your face.  I've thought a lot about that.  Here's the first thing that came to mind that is really fun for me:
  Snorkeling.  Snorkeling with an underwater camera:
This was one of the funnest days of my life as we snorkeled in Maui.  This is an underwater selfie!

I love how you can see the sky in these pictures.

I love this picture of Ken reaching for my hand.  He always holds my hand as we snorkel.  That's part of the charm of the whole experience, I guess.

What's truly fun for you?

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love this post, Kay, and I love this question. The first thing that comes to my mind is laughing - with my husband, with my kids, with my sisters, with my friends. It feels so good to be enjoying a moment when you and the person/people you are with are feeling the same thing and are taking delight in it.

Pal & Hatty said...

I love to go shopping with my sisters in fun little shops with lots of things to see and things that smell good. We have so much fun looking at jewelry and sniffing candles, perfume, lotion etc. And then...going to lunch somewhere and enjoying tasty food and most of all each other's company!

Joan Morris said...

I'm with Patty and the sister shopping and lunch, PLUS I love snorkeling and of course I have to mention picnics. They are my FAVORITE, there's nothing better than a good picnic with people you love.

Kristen Mackrory said...

What a fun question to ponder! I will have to think about it, though what Patty said rang true to me too. I love shopping with someone I love and feel comfortable with (mom, sisters, Jared, a good friend) and then going out to eat. But the part I love most is having a really good one-on-one conversation with someone, where we talk about REAL things...things that are really important to us. I think I learned to love that through you. All those late night sincere talks. They are so fulfilling. That is when I am really having fun.