Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lyman Conrad Gabrielsen Reunion, 2013

Last weekend was the Lyman Conrad and Erma Gabrielsen reunion in Ogden, Utah.  
This is my Grandpa and Grandma:
I'm sure they were so happy to see so many of their posterity together.

About 85 people were in attendance.  
 My cousin, Skip (Alvin, Jr.) and Karleen were our hosts.  They did such a nice job of putting it all together.



 These are the last three left of my parents generation: Aunt Grace (who was married to my Dad's brother, Alvin), Aunt Gary (who was married to my Dad's brother, Ronald), and Aunt Nedra (my Dad's sister)


Leslie and Will Barrowes

Diane and some of her family





Jodie and Mindy's Charlie

Eric and Marcie Bedke






This is Aunt Gary and the youngest attendee, David's daughter Denae and her brand-new baby.  


Of the 20 Cousins, 11 of us were there: Back: Joe, Evan, Diane, Todd, Alex, Eric, Me
Front: Skip, Randee, Pam, and Leslie

I love this picture.

Gathered around the face painter, Teresa





This was my favorite part of the reunion.  A few of us gathered around Aunt Nedra and got her talking about her parents, grandparents, siblings and memories.  I LOVED it!  I would love to spend the day with her.  








Grandpa Ken visiting with Lily and Caleb.  I love this picture.


Aunt Nedra is such a beautiful, classy lady.




Blake and Lily Kay.

Teresa (Evan's wife) was just awesome doing face painting and giltter tattoos on all of the kids.

Lily loved the dessert.  


Thanks, Skip and Karleen and everyone who attended.  It was just a great reunion.  I love being with the Gabrielsen family.  They are a great group of people.  See you in two years!

4 comments:

Pam said...

It was a great reunion and my favorite part was also when we were visiting with Nedra and hearing stories I have never heard before. I also got a kick out of a comment Grace made,"This family has lots of doctors and scientists and PHDs and professors. What we need are some plumbers!"

Pal & Hatty said...

You and Pam have made wonderful posts that bring the reunion to life for me! I hope someone wrote down the stories so that we can preserve them. Remember them to tell to me when I return!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh so fun to see all of those pictures. What a wonderful family.

Michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful reunion. I love the pic of Jody with the two babies.