Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rocky Mountain High- Colorado

Earlier this month, Ken and I spent a wonderful week in Vail, Colorado.  It was absolutely beautiful.



The sad part was that my camera went whacky while we were there.  All of the pictures that were taken out in the sunshine have a lovely purple (magenta) hue.  The pictures I took inside or in low light are fine, but the outside ones are hilariously purple.  My brother-in-law, Don researched it for me and found out that, well, that my camera is broken.  The technical explanation was a lot longer than that, but basically, my camera is broken.  So if you see lots of purple in the photos, that's why.  
But I took some on my ipad:




Anyway, we had a fun time shopping in the little villages.  I LOVED the villages.  







Cars weren't allowed in the villages and it was just so pleasant to walk around on the cobblestone streets, look in the shops and art galleries.  It reminded me of being in Europe.  They had art and sculptures everywhere.  


 And flowers everywhere.  The flowers were just incredible





 I took these pictures in a light rain, so the lighting was perfect and there wasn't any of that purple.  They were so beautiful.




We ate at Pepe's- an Austrian restaurant.  It was delicious. 


 This may not look like much, but it was delicious.  I think it was in the top ten best meals I've ever had! It was called Jager Schnitzel: veal medallions topped with a wild mushroom sauce and served with homemade spaetzle and red cabbage.  Yum! 
 The mushroom sauce was to die for.  I wanted to lick my plate! (I didn't)

 Ken barbecued one evening.  It also was a delicious meal.  



I went to the library before we left and checked out lots of movies.  We watched one almost every evening.  

Loved this one!

 I think there were a couple more, but I can't remember.  Some were better than others!
I swam laps, Ken rented a bike on a couple of days and went for LONG bike rides.  He also went on a big hike one morning when I was suffering from a sinus headache/ altitude sickness.  He went above tree line.  We read a lot and just enjoyed being together. 

It  was a wonderful, relaxing  week together.  We loved Vail!  

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

SO many beautiful pictures!! I especially love the picture of the 2 orange flowers. So artistic. I'm impressed. I kind-of like the purple hue to those pictures. Kinda cool. It looks like you had a great trip.

Michelle said...

How fun! I like how Dad has a purple hat on in one of those first pics. :) Those sculptures and flowers look beautiful!