Monday, July 8, 2013

Post Reunion Fun

After the family reunion, Kristen and kids came to stay for a couple of week.  While they were here, Shonna drove with her kids from Logan for a few days.  It was heavenly bedlam.  We went to splash parks several times in the two weeks, played lawn games with the parachute, went to our new park, and had several lunch picnics.  Ken even joined us for those.  We watched “Pete’s Dragon” approximately 40 times plus a few episodes of Word World.  Kristen, Shonna, Brielle, Nathan and I went to Mary Poppins at Tuachan.   Kristen and I bought the material and sewed Brielle’s baptism dress.  We played games and watched Chopped and visited and went to Chick- Fil-a.   We hired a babysitter one day while Shonna was here.  We had such a fun time going to lunch at Sakura( we all loved our Japanese Bento boxes), and doing some shopping.  I’ve been wanting furniture, so we went to a couple of furniture stores.  At Boulevard, we found these AMAZING chairs that give you a full body massage.  So we had spa day too!  It was so fun to sit in those chairs and giggle as it squeezed and tickled our bodies!   It was so fun to spend time together without the kids.  That was so fun that we did it again the 2nd week.  We hired the neighbor girls and Ken, Kristen and I went to Pasta factory and Kristen and I did some shopping.  Kristen and Shonna also helped me clean out the drawers and cupboards in my kitchen in preparation for my remodel.  It’s so nice to have someone with fresh ideas and eyes help me think of new places to put things.  Kristen and I redecorated my hutch in the dining room.    Kristen says she loves to organize things, but I think she loves me and wants to serve me.  That’s what I think. 













Sunning to get warmed up

Kristen, Brielle, Nathan, Shonna and I went to Mary Poppins at Tuachan.  It was just delightful.  



 Lunch at Sakura


 Day spa at the furniture store.






 As Shonna and kids were getting ready to leave, Brielle and Nathan made Caleb this kite so he could "Let's go fly a kite."  


The kids had fun pretending.  Here's they're in a rocket ship, I think.  

The kids love to play dress up and do art projects.


Jacob is an amazing puzzle doer for a two year old.






We had a wonderful time.  Thank you Shonna and Kristen for braving it alone with the kids and coming.  We love you so much!!!

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What fun in St. George. There's nothing better than having your kids come home to visit, unless it is going to visit your kids and grandkids :)

Pam said...

That's like my favorite thing - to be with my daughters/daughters-in-law and do fun things with them. You found great stuff to do around St. George!