Friday, January 11, 2013

I was sick, but I'm better now, and there's work to be done.

Mantras.  Remember I was supposed to be writing about mantras?  My post box is full of mantra drafts.  But I haven't actually published one since  October.   New Year's Resolution:   "Do mantra posts.  Convince yourself they don't have to be perfect and just publish them. One a month.  Twelve this year!"  That's one of my resolutions for 2013.  Ah, now I have to DO it!   For some reason, I  have a hard time putting my stamp of approval on these mantra posts and  publishing them.  So they just sit there in my post drafts box- for months on end.
    So, I thought this mantra borrowed from  Kurt Vonnegut(though I'm not a great fan of him, he did have a great mantra!) would be a great one to start out the new year.  I love this mantra.  You know how you feel when you just got off -track and wasted a lot of time or when you just ate foods you vowed you weren't going to eat any more or when you said something to someone that you wish with all your heart you hadn't said or when you've procrastinated something for a really long time?   I hope I'm not the only one that's had that devastating and paralyzing guilt.  This mantra has really helped me.  "I was sick, but I'm better now and there's work to be done."  Forgive yourself for misdeeds or undone deeds, and just move on.  Get to work.  Don't let past mistakes and laziness affect what could be done today.  Love it.   So there's a mantra for you to consider.  If you'd like to read other mantras, click here.  Read the comments as well, as several friends have shared their great mantras.

3 comments:

Ami said...

I love, LOVE your mantra posts. Thanks for this one. :-)

Pam said...

I, too, love, LOVE your mantra posts! This is a very helpful one for me, too.

Michelle said...

This is a great one. Who HASN'T felt that way? I love it.