Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Grandma's Dream

I've discovered that most grandmas have the same dream: Having all of our posterity under one roof at one time- having everyone together.  I've decided it's a universal dream.  I am so excited to be living my dream.  We will all be together all of next week.  I'm sure there will be posts of the happy occasion to come. I learned the universality of the dream when I was visiting with two of my friends. Both are a little older than me- and  have more children and grandchildren than I do.They also are hosting reunions and having all of their posterity together.  I could sense their excitement as we shared our plans.  Linda's comment described how I feel, "I feel like my spirit is jumping for joy."  Linda has eight children and they haven't all been together for years.  Yesterday as I drove past Marilynn's house and saw her out playing ball with her grandkids, some of whom are here from North Dakota, I got so excited and happy for her  I nearly drove off the road as I honked my joy.
We've been in busy preparation for the big event.  Michelle's bedroom is packed full of stuff I've gathered and purchased. I've been baking and cooking up a storm.  My freezer is full of yummy things:  Sugar Cookies with Lime Cream Frosting, muffins, Brownie cookies, Browned Butter Blondies, Scotcharoos, and Chocolate cupcakes.   I wept tears of joy as I felt the spirit of Elijah as I prepared a part to present about our ancestors.  There's something inside of me saying, "This is what life is all about.  This is it.  None of that other stuff matters."  Like Linda, my spirit is jumping for joy.  

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I wish I had read your blogpost before my RS lesson today. It was all about the importance of families and you summed it up. Thanks!

Pal & Hatty said...

How true - how true! "This IS what life is all about"! I"m sure you will have a wonderful time together! Our family is all gathering next week and I have the same feelings and anticipations!

Pam said...

Sounds so fun! We were just with Missy's family in California and had a ball! Give our love to your girls and families and yum - what delicious- sounding goodies!

Kristen Mackrory said...

That brings tears to my eyes. You say things so well. I have to say, I quite enjoyed all being under the same roof as well.

Shonna said...

We have a wonderful heritage! And I definitely agree, being together was SO much fun!