Saturday, August 18, 2012

I Cry on the Day I Put the Sippy Cups Away

The house is all cleaned and back in order and  the sippy cups and plastic bowls put away.  It's nice to have peace and order again after a full month of family revelry.  So why am I crying?
   I took Kristen and kids to Las Vegas yesterday to fly back home, and now it's just us again.  I have 668 new pictures that I just downloaded, so I have a lot to blog.  My heart is full of gratitude for a wonderful family who love to be together. We had a few moments of fighting and biting (among the grandkids, not the parents!), but we mostly had a great time.  Thank you everyone for your sacrifices to be together.  Nothing makes me happier!

6 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Thank you so much for making it a wonderful time! We sure love being with you and miss it already.

Joan Morris said...

I feel your pain! I can't wait to hear all about it.

sara cardon said...

Awwww, you have such a BIG family now! Look at all those cute grandkids! I've decided I don't want to be a grandma anytime soon (that potentially sounds worse than I actually mean), but it just seems to stink that you get to meet these irresistible little babies, then they move far away, and you're at the mercy of vacation time and cheap flights. No fair.

Pal & Hatty said...

Love this post! I know how you are feeling - Jessica and Gigi just left yesterday and we really miss that cute little voice calling: "Ganma and Gampa"!

Shonna said...

Thanks so much for a fabulous time together, despite the biting incident. ;) Caleb's been asking for Grandma Kay. We sure miss you but loved every moment of being together.

Pam said...

The older I get (and I am getting up there!), the more your words ring true! Words can't even get close in expressing the intense love I feel for my kids and grandkids - and your amazing family!