Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vicarious Joy

Last Sunday, baby Lily was blessed by her Daddy and some of her uncles. Kristen, Jared and family drove from Wisconsin to be there and Michelle, Brian and Gabbi drove from Washington DC. So, they had a little reunion. It was kind of sad not to be there, but Brian was good to immediately send pictures, so we could experience the joy vicariously. Here's some of my favorites from those he sent:
This is the morning of Lily's blessing- my precious family:
Pretty darn good shot considering it's using a timer.
I love the red stains on every little face. Obviously those kids loved Blake's homemade pizza:
The girls:
Brian, Michelle, and Gabbi
Blake, Shonna, Caleb, and Lily
Kristen, Jared, Jacob, Brielle, and Nathan
On Saturday, they visited a farm. I love this shot:
And this is one of my all-time favorite pictures. Our four oldest grandchildren:
Aren't they cute? I'm so glad they could be together.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

How wonderful that they where all there supporting each other. All of your daughters are so beautiful. It must be such a rewarding feeling to know that they all married in the temple, and are now beautiful mom's and wife's! :) I want that someday! I hope everything is going great for you and uncle ken! Lots of love!

buddy said...

What a great day! Loved seeing all the girls and their families in those shots. A little bit of heaven on earth.
Love you love you love you and your whole family, too!
Cindy

Joan Morris said...

What great pictures. I love the one of all the girls looking at Lily and the ones of the kids on the fence. So cute. I'm sorry you weren't able to be there (I have yet to attend one of my grandkid's blessings :() but that is great that your other kids supported each other.

Michelle said...

We missed you! Love you, Mom! I like the pics you chose to share. :)

Lora Dawn said...

What a wonderful family, Kay.
I don't know if you even remember me. (Ison #4!) :o)
I just had the fun of seeing Patty and Hal at a seminary reunion this weekend. We reviewed our siblings and I decided to click around the internet and found some of you sisters.
I enjoy your writing!
I'm going to check out your book reviews, too.

Shonna said...

You did a great post Mom! We sure missed you guys! And I'm so glad you already got to meet Lily. Don't you love that her eyes are open in those pictures?

Jessica said...

That last pic is so adorable and very frame-worthy!! And how sweet of Michelle and Kristen to drive down for the blessing.