Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Celebrating 34 Years with "The Music Man"

Last weekend, Ken and I celebrated thirty four years of marriage. As we often do, we celebrated by going to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. We went with Pam and Roger and had a great time. First we went to my favorite Rusty's for dinner. The coconut shrimp is SO good!
We decided to forgo the restaurant dessert, because it seems that our anniversary is the same as Dairy Queen's, and they were celebrating with two for one Blizzards. We wolfed down our blizzards, then headed to the play. We saw one of my two all-time favorite musicals, "The Music Man." I love that show. When I was in high school, I played the part of one of the "Pick a Little" Ladies. Being in a show makes you love it. It was so fun to be with Pam and Roger who love it as much as I do.
This couple could dance! They were so fun to watch.
It's impossible to beat Robert Preston as the Music Man, but this guy was really, really good.
I'm still on a bit of a high from the evening! Thank you, Pam and Roger for a wonderful evening!

9 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Sounds like a great date! Happy Anniversary! Hope you're not too peeped to poop, or was it too pooped to peep? ;)

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I bet it was wonderful! Fun pictures. Happy anniversary!

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary!! I've always wanted to go to the Shakespeare Festival and hopefully one of these year's I'll make it. What a perfect way to celebrate!

Pam said...

We had so much fun, too! It was cool to go and enjoy that beloved musical with you guys, and to celebrate your anniversary with you! Those coconut shrimp were delicious and the company was even better!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh that looks like such a delightful evening. I'm so glad you had such a nice time. It is fun to see pictures of Pam and Roger too!

Shonna said...

That looks like so much fun!

Pal & Hatty said...

What a great anniversary! I love "The Music Man" and how wonderful you could celebrate with Pam and Roger!!

buddy said...

I had forgotten that your anniversary is just a few days after ours in august. What a wonderful celebration you had. I love Music Man....Wells Fargo Wagon, good night ladies, there were bells on the hill, etc. Wonderful! As a sweet reminder of the night, listen to the Beetles' version of There were Bells on the Hill, it will make you smile...it's sweet. Love you lots and lots, Cindy

sara cardon said...

CONGRATS!! 34 years is quite an accomplishment in this day and age, and what a great way to celebrate! I gotta try Rusty's now next time we visit the Cedar City folks.