Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wisconsin

What a wonderful privilege I had to travel to Wisconsin and meet baby Jacob Kenneth and spend a week with the Mackrorys. It was a crazy, busy week as they were also preparing to move into their beautiful, new home. But it was so fun to be there and be part of it all. I gained tremendous respect for young mothers. I don't think I've worked that hard since I was one! All the cooking, cleaning, dishes, nose and bum wiping, reading, laundry, sweeping, shopping, errand running, bathing, cuddling, rocking, and loving can wear a person out! We did a lot of box packing, too. But I loved every minute of it and treasure the memories made. Thank you, Mackrorys for letting me come and be part of one of the most special weeks of your life!
Time to check out and go home!
Baby Jacob all ready to go home
The Last Supper
It didn't take long for Jacob to find his thumb
Jacob's first bath (he loved it!)
The kids shooting rockets in the back yard
Jared and the kids made us fortune cookies
Bedtime story
This is one of my favorite pictures:
I love this one, too:
We asked Nathan to build us a temple with his blocks (trying to keep him busy while we packed) I think he made a marvelous temple:
Those stickers remind me of one of the sweetest memories of the week: For FHE, Jared gave each of the kids a page of those stickers and told them to put stickers on the things they wanted to move to the new house. He then asked them what they could take with them when we move to our new house in heaven someday. He then put stickers on all of us and said we can only take our families and that's all that's really important. It was such a sweet lesson and I felt the spirit so strong. Little Nathan sat right in the chair by me the whole time. I especially loved hearing those little ones sing "I Lived in Heaven" with all their might. They had sung it at FHE just one week before while still anticipating Jacob's arrival.
Welcome to earth, Baby Jacob! We are so glad to have you here!

8 comments:

Pam said...

What a darling family! And Jacob is an adorable addition! Whew, I know what you mean about moving a family with a baby and little kids into a new home. Lots of excitement and so much work!
I love their FHE idea! You can tell those little kids are being taught right and what is important.

Shonna said...

Sweet pictures! So much going on and all at the same time. I love this post!

Michelle said...

Oh man, I'm loving these pics. What a beautiful family. Thanks for the update, Mom! I'm sure that the Mackrory's were grateful for all of your help.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

He is soooo cute! I am sure they were so glad you came out and helped!! There is no better help than your own mom!

Ming said...

I hear you on the hard work bit after being at Missy's for 10 days. You are such a nice mom to help out. There really is nothing better than having your mom there after a new baby. Baby Jacob is adorable!

Kristen Mackrory said...

So many wonderful memories of that week. Thank you so much for coming out and helping us SO much. You are amazing. I LOVED having you here...not only for the help, but for the treasured companionship. I love you Mom!

You got some great pictures! I am going to need to steal ("we DON'T steal")/borrow some. :)

Jessica said...

What a sweet boy and such sweet pics! And how nice of you to help out. I agree, it's the best to have you mom there when you've just had a baby. YOu need someone to take care of you too!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful family and beautiful baby. I'm amazed that Kristen can have a newborn and still manage to do Brielle's hair so beautifully. (Eva has looked like a wild animal all month. And so have I for that matter!) Grandmas are such a blessing. I only wish we had one nearby.