Friday, October 29, 2010

Chair Choo Choo Train

Today is cleaning day. Today is mopping day. I don't want to, so I'm in here wasting time, putting it off. It's so much more fun to blog than to clean! Thinking about mopping day made me think what a challenge it used to be to get my floor mopped and house cleaned when my kids were little. I used to line the dining room chairs up in the hall (so I could mop under the table) and my kids would do just what these little ones who I stole from google images (Please don't tell anyone I've been stealing kids) are doing. My kids loved mopping day as they would play train for hours. They would climb from chair to chair and "choo choo" and pretend. My goal was to keep them up on those chairs until the floor dried so there wouldn't be little footprints on the floor. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Now I'd love to have some little footprints on my floor . . . Okay, enough reminiscing. Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work I go!

6 comments:

Shonna said...

I love that game!!! I should be cleaning too. Luckily I already swept and mopped a couple days ago, but I really need to dust and vacuum again. I gotta keep my floors clean w/ a little roller around.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I totally need to do that!! Now for stealing other's kids....

sara cardon said...

With all this disgusting dust in Vegas I've given up on mopping. You can have ALL of our dusty little foot prints!!!:)

Joan Morris said...

I also need to get mopping, but I'm reading blogs instead ;) I can relate, I miss the little people who created the footprints, but not Taylor's pile of shoes in the laundry room ;)

Jessica said...

What a cute story! And LOL on stealing kids!!

Pam said...

It's amazing to me how some of the things that bugged us the most when we were young mothers, are sentimental to us now that we are old ones! I guess it's all where you're lookin' from!
Darling post!