Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ohio

We just returned from a great ten-day trip to Ohio to visit Shonna, Blake, and Caleb. We arrived on Saturday. Blake's parents were already there (such fun people), and Michelle and Brian came that evening. Caleb was blessed on Sunday. It was a great celebration. Michelle and Brian stayed until Wednesday. Ken and I got to tend baby Caleb while Shonna worked and Blake went to school. Shonna took Friday off and we enjoyed a fun picnic and stroll through a gorgeous metro park. Saturday, we went to the conservatory and watched the butterfly releasing and had a fancy schmancy lunch. We all went to dinner that evening. We played games lots (Ken says he's through with the game of Monopoly for life ), enjoyed grandchildren, and had a nice, relaxing week. Ken enjoyed going each day to a metro park to bird. Columbus has amazing parks. It was a great week. Thanks, Blake and Shonna and everyone!

8 comments:

Shonna said...

Thanks so much for coming to help! We loved having you here, and I love the GNI pics, such a fun memory.

Michelle said...

You got some great pictures of Caleb smiling! I love the second-to-last one, where Caleb is making a cute face. I bet the butterfly releasing was neat! It was SO fun to see you.

Ming said...

Looks like a fun week! Your grandbabies are adorable! I love Shonna's haircut too.

Joan Morris said...

I see Hinton in that cute baby boy! So glad he is growing and doing so well. What a fun trip, especially since you got to see Shonna's family and Michelle's family. It looks like you had nice weather and even got to go on a picnic. I hope you thought of me :)

Jessica said...

I love the 'Binkie duty' pic! Looks like a fun week.

Pal & Hatty said...

What a wonderful trip! I love all of the fun pictures! It is good to see little Caleb doing so well! You have such cute grandkids!

Carina said...

What a great visit! Trips involving family are always my favorite. It was so fun to see your pictures. Gabriella is adorable and it was great to see Caleb so happy and healthy.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Those are some DANG cute grandkids!!! You got some fantastic pictures with and of them! I didn't know Caleb had a dimple. And you all looked SO nice on Caleb's blessing day. i love those pictures.