Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Simply Can't

I love onions. I love them fresh and raw. I love to cook with onions. I love them sautéed in olive oil and lemon juice. I love them in just about everything. I like to make my menus and shopping lists for a month at a time. I looked at my list. There were only two thing on there for the whole month that didn’t have onions: Creamed Tuna on Toast ( and now I’m thinking it would bump it up to sauté onions in the butter . . .) and Joan’s Crème Broulee French Toast ( ummmm . .. no!) I simply can’t cook without onions.

Here’s my secret, fondest, don’t you dare tell anyone wish: I’m hoping the prophet will announce that anyone who’s eaten a lot of onions in their lifetime gets celestial kingdom- automatic!

Okay, if not that, then I hope those nutritional scientist will discover that anyone who eats a lot of onion will be healthier and happier and prettier (hey, it’s a wish!) . . .and richer . . .and that their children will all move to within a few miles of them . . . and . . . . well, whatever . .. go eat yourself an onion and think of me!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute! I love 'em too but don't cook with them as often as I should. Wait, I don't cook as often as I should either!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am all over trying them with EVOO and Lemon juice!!!! I love them too!

Michelle said...

You've read the book "Holes," right? Sounds like your next getaway should be to "God's Thumb" . . .

Kristen Mackrory said...

I love your sense of humor! I did't know you loved them so much.