Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Did It!!!!!

I just swam a mile!!! It's been my goal to do that this summer and I just did it! I'm quite certain it's the slowest mile ever swam. It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes. But I guess it's better to have some distinction than none at all. I think I was motivated my Michelle and her labor. I just kept thinking, "If Michelle can labor for 9 hours with no medication, I can swim a stinkin mile." Thanks, Michelle. I actually swam a little further than a mile. I did 66- 25 meter laps, which is 1650 meters. A mile is 1609 meters. So that explains why I was so slow! Ha! Anyway, I'm very proud of myself. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some Ben Gay or something. . .

6 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Your amazing!! I would probably have a heart attack if I tried that!!

Shonna said...

LOL! Did you find your Ben Gay? I am so proud of you Mom! I'm impressed you swam more than a mile.

Joan Morris said...

Good job~ I need to figure out how many laps it would take to swim a mile in our pool. Probably like 200 or something!

Natalie Sue said...

Wow, that is awesome! I cannot swim well at all, so I'm really impressed that you swam a mile. That's really great! It would take me all day.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Way to go! A whole mile?!? That is awesome. Best mom ever!!

Carina said...

Yay! Congrats! That is so awesome, I'm so excited you met your goal!