Thursday, June 18, 2009

Overheard

I’ve overheard some funny things lately. . . .thought I’d share 1) Overheard as I was swimming. Two bikini-clad sunbathers were chatting. One was telling the other about a guy she knows. “He wants to get a tattoo.” “Really, why?” “I don’t know; he just thinks they’re cool. He wants to get a tattoo of the temple he gets married in.” 2) You know how we’re always softening the “No” with children by accompanying it with a “Yes” You could tell that technique had been used with little Eliza. This happened at the reunion: Eliza to her mom:”I don’t know where to go play.” Ken: “You can come sit on my lap.” Eliza: “No, but I’ll give you a high five.” 3) Overheard at the temple: A very elderly sister to the temple worker: “I’m ready to go to the other side, I really am, . . .except for one thing.” “Oh, what’s that?” “I love food. I love to eat. I don’t want to go where there’s no food!” I loved the temple workers response: “Well, you’ve given me some food for thought.”

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Tee-hee! Eliza is such a cute girl. That is hilarious. My favorite may be the tatoo of the temple, however. Ironic. Thanks for sharing.

Joan Morris said...

Funny! Cute blog post.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I don't want to go where there isn't any food either. Hmm. That is food for thought!

Shonna said...

LOL! That's pretty funny.