Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

For Father's Day, I decided to take Ken back to High Island, Texas (in pictures) where he was so very happy. On the night of April 15th (end of tax season), he and his brother, Don flew to Texas to bird the great area of High Island, Texas. They spent three days finding, identifying and photographing birds (Don did the photographing). I've made a slideshow of only a few of the many birds and wildlife they saw. They saw thousands of birds, and Ken added about 40 new life listers. When we got the pictures, I asked, "Where are the people?" I guess that wasn't their focus. So, as you watch the slideshow, look closely, and you'll see Ken's fingers and his nose. That's as much people as we get! Happy Father's Day, Ken!

8 comments:

Brian said...

Happy Father's Day! Beautiful Birds - it makes me want to get a new camera...

Joan Morris said...

Happy Father's Day Ken! What awesome bird pictures. What a successful "birding" trip to have seen so many new birds.

Blake said...

Happy Father's Day! I love the slideshow. I've never seen so many great pictures of beautiful birds.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Perfect Fathers Day post! Happy fathers day Dad! We sure love you!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!! Happy Father's Day!!

Michelle said...

Happy Father's Day, Papa! Those birds are GORGEOUS. It looks like you had a wonderful time. We love you!

sara cardon said...

Happy Father's Day!! I'm glad there are people out there who have a true appreciation for even some of Heavenly Father's littlest creations.:)

Shonna said...

I just realized I read this post over a week ago but never left a comment. Sad story. I love those pictures, they are gorgeous birds. Happy Father's Day to the best dad ever! We sure love you, Papa!