Monday, June 15, 2009

Pioneer Trek

Last weekend was our stake youth conference- Pioneer trek. The stake presidency decided when they were put in that they will do a pioneer trek every four years so that every youth gets the opportunity to go on at least one. This was their 2nd one. They start in New Harmony and trek for 19 miles to Pinto in 2 1/2 days. I took the presidency up to start the trek on Thursday and stayed for the devotional and to take some pictures. Over 300 went this year. Even as they started, you could feel the spirit of legacy and strength. It's a marvelous experience for the youth and their leaders. The Stake Presidency ready to go: The Devotional

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

That's awesome that they organize a trek every 4 years. They are a wonderful, testimony building experience. I got to go when our stake did "Faith Quest" 2 years ago and it was a great experience.
That's awesome that you had over 300 youth. WOW.
PS. I love Ken's hat and I never knew pioneers had binoculars :)

Kristen Mackrory said...

What a neat activity! Where do the kids all get their pioneer clothes? How neat that they are all wearing them.

Shonna said...

That is so neat! Go Dad! I love all those pictures in the pioneer clothes.

Michelle said...

Dad, you look incredibly cool with your glasses, hat, suspenders, and binoculars. That is quite the combination.

All joking aside, I really wish that I could have had this experience as a youth! After listening to you talk about it, I am almost jealous. What a great eye-opener and testimony builder.