Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh, Baby!

World's Greatest Sandwich or BELTCH(Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese) This sandwich is from the movie, Spanglish. It is delicious. We make it frequently. Before Adam Sandler takes a bite, he says, "Oh, baby!" It's that good. 3-4 thick slices of bacon 2 slices monterey jack cheese 2 slices rustic country bread (really good bread), toasted 1 T. mayo 4 slices tomato 2 butter lettuce leaves 1 tsp. butter 1 egg 1. Cook the bacon til crisp. Drain on paper towel. 2.Place the cheese slices on one of the toasted breads and put under broiler until cheese is melted 3.Spread the other slice of bread with mayo and top with tomato slices, bacon and lettuce 4. Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the egg. When bottom is set, turn over. Leave yoke runny. (over easy) 5. Slide the egg onto the lettuce and top with cheesy bread. Cut in half, letting the yoke run down the sandwich. Oh, baby!

7 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I saw the title of your blog and thought for sure Michelle had had the baby :) I'm a little disappointed but the sandwich does sound good.

Kristen Mackrory said...

YUM! Thanks for the reminder of this sandwich. I had forgetten about it, but it is amazingly delicious!!! I will have to make it this week. "Oh baby!"

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That sounds AWESOME!!! I also thought you had a new grandaughter... don't get me excited like that!

sara cardon said...

I did the same thing as my mom-- "Michelle had the princess!!":) Sounds like a yummy sandwich. I'm all about sandwiches for dinner these days-- they're so easy to make and so satisfying!! Your Wisconsin trip sounds so fun. I'm glad Lucy isn't the only one who seems to barf for no reason and then be fine.:)

Shonna said...

Sounds scrumptious, minus the bacon. I think I'd just have to make an ELTCH.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I just took my last bite. Yum. Thanks mom!

Sarah said...

Done and done.