Thursday, July 6, 2023

Pickle Soup

 Let me start by saying that Ken LOVES my potato salad.  I say MY, but actually he always helps make it by serving as the sous chef  He gets so excited when I ask him to help make potato salad. 

I had some leftover baked potatoes, so I chopped them up and  quickly boiled some eggs and asked him to chop some pickles and onions.  We made a nice potato salad quite quickly and had it for dinner. The next morning I came out in the kitchen at 8:00am to find him chopping pickles. " What are you doing?" " I just tasted the salad and thought it needed more pickles." Okay.  Later I looked at the salad and it looked like soup- pickle soup.  I asked him if he added more pickle juice, too. "Just a little bit." he said.

For me, he rendered the salad inedible, and he had to eat the rest of it over the next few days. He didn't seem to mind at all!  He loved it  HMMMM.  I wonder if that was his plan all along? 😉😉 He sure does love my potato salad.



No comments: