Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Marilla of Green Gables

 

Marilla of Green GablesMarilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Long a fan of the Anne of Green Gables series, I was delighted to read this prequel to the series- the story of Marilla.
Knowing the ending of Marilla’s life made reading this story of her life quite sad, as I knew she would not get her dreams fulfilled. But, still, it was a well-written and enjoyable novel. It is a story of a hard-working, devoted, strong-willed woman. I love the characters, the setting, and the history it teaches. I have to say, though, that I felt that some of the characters were different than they are in the Anne series. For instance, Rachel is a much stronger character there than in this story. Matthew is much quieter and more lovable in the series. Even Marilla is much bossier and more outspoken in the series. If you are a fan of Anne, though, you will want to read this one!


View all my reviews

No comments: