Thursday, June 29, 2023

Celebrating a Birthday and Father's Day

 My birthday on June 16th and Father's Day are always close together.  Both were nice days.

On my birthday, we went out to Chef Alfredo's, a local Italian Restaurant.  You may remember the story of how we met Chef Alfredo, which can be read here.  He has since retired and sold the business and the restaurant is in a different location, but we were pleased that there was a picture of him on the menu and they seem to still be using his delicious recipes.
I had a yummy chicken pesto dish.

Ken also had a yummy chicken dish.  We tried each others and both loved both.

We were so glad that See's Chocolates has reopened in St. George.  They were closed for awhile.  Ken bought me a beautiful box of chocolates.  They may be half gone already?

My daughters sent a beautiful Vera Bradley purse.  Friends and family also sent happy birthday texts, emails, cards, and Facebook posts.  I felt so loved.


On Father's Day, I made a new recipe for hamburger steaks in onion/ mushroom gravy.  It was delicious over mashed potatoes.  It was comfort food at its finest.


Ken also got fun Father's Day gifts.



Both were lovely days to celebrate.

No comments: