Thursday, June 8, 2023

Mantras from Jesus' Last Day

In preparing to teach the gospel doctrine lesson, I read the assigned scriptures for June 4th (Matthew 26, Mark 14, and John 13) , telling about Jesus' last day in mortality.  As I read, I kept seeing many mantras that Jesus left us to live by on that last day.  Here are some that I noticed:  

She hath done what she could.  Mark 14:8



Lord, is it I? Matthew 26:20



Do this in remembrance of me. Luke 22:19 or Always remember me. (Sacrament prayer)



Ye should do as I have done to you. John 13:15



Thy will be done Matthew 26:19



Love one another  John 13:34



I used these mantras as the outline for our lesson discussion.  It was such a beautiful discussion.  We have such a wonderful ward and the members give such profound insights and comments.  I have loved studying the gospels and the life, ministry, and teachings of Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

Pam said...

I love these teachings of Christ! So much of what the scriptures have about Christ's life is about the last week of his life. I would love to be in your Gospel Doctrine class, Kay!