Monday, April 12, 2021

Then Sings My Soul

 

Then Sings My Soul: 150 of the World's Greatest Hymn StoriesThen Sings My Soul: 150 of the World's Greatest Hymn Stories by Robert J. Morgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love hymns and have made a life-long study of them and their histories. Knowing that, a friend gave me this collection of 150 Christian hymns and the histories behind them. I played through each hymn as well as reading the histories. That took a while to get through them all. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There are three hymns in this collection that move me a lot and I wish that they were in our church’s hymnbook:
1. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
2. Holy, Holy, Holy
3. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
I love those beautiful hymns and their powerful message. This book introduced me to some hymns I have never heard before. I loved reading the stories and histories. I made many notes and markings as I read. This will be a nice reference book to have.


View all my reviews

No comments: