Thursday, April 22, 2021

A Year-Long Goal Accomplished

 Soon after this shelter-at-home started, I set some goals. I didn't know how long we would be sheltering at home. I'm glad I didn't. But I didn't want to just waste time. So, I set some goals of things to accomplish.  One of those was to learn every song in this piano book and  "pass off" every one.  To pass a song off,  I had to play through it with five or less mistakes.  I finally accomplished my goal.   I practice the piano a few minutes each day.  Poco a poco/ little by little, I learned every song.  I loved it.   It brought me great joy during a difficult time.  

This is actually a book I played from when I was young and taking piano lessons.  I have pulled it out and played from it through the years, but I had not learned the majority of the songs in it.  Now I can play them all. 
We are now playing a game.  On our family group text, I asked them to name a number between 1 and 80.  They name a number, then I record the song that is on that page on Marco Polo so they can listen to me play it- hopefully with five or less mistakes!  I also challenge my grandchildren to play a song for me on Marco Polo.  It is a fun game!



No comments: