Thursday, August 8, 2019

Gabriella's Blanket

Last year, Joan showed me how to crochet blankets.  I made one then for our oldest granddaughter, Brielle.  My granddaughter, Gabbi was fascinated by that.  I decided then I wanted to make one for her.  Her tenth birthday was July 1st, so I made one for her for her birthday.  I asked her her favorite colors.  She said, "The colors of Virginia."  She lived in Virginia until she was five.  Can she even remember?  What exactly are the colors of Virginia?  I hope it's these colors:



Gabbi love a little, soft Winnie-the-Pooh blanket I gave her before she was born.  She carries it around with her and often sleeps with it.  It is pretty worn out, as you can imagine.  She also loves a black cape that her mother used for a Halloween costume a couple of years ago.  I'm hoping this blanket will replace the cape!
We were all together for her birthday at our family reunion.  These are pictures of her opening her blanket.


I love this precious granddaughter.  She and I have a very special bond.  I hope she enjoys her blanket and hauls it around instead of her black cape!  I love you Gabriella!!!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

It turned out beautiful! What a precious gift for a precious girl!

Kay Hinton said...

This wouldn't have happened without you, Joan. Thank you for taking time during your busy move to reteach me how to do this over marco polo. I am so grateful. Best. Sister. Ever!

Pal & Hatty said...

It turned out so pretty and colorful! Brielle looks delighted with it! Good work!!

Michelle said...

Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve seen the black cape hanging around since her birthday. Phew! I’m SO grateful. So you succeeded in replacing it! It is so soft and beautiful. She sleeps with it every night and often carries it around the house to cuddle in.

Shonna said...

That is so beautiful! I'm so glad it's replaced the cape! It would look much nicer in family pictures. 😉