Friday, June 14, 2019

Joan and Tom Come to Visit

Just a few days after getting home from Europe, Joan and Tom came for their annual spring visit.  We felt bad to welcome them into our death house.  Ken still had his cold, and just the day before they came, I came down with the cold.  I was sick the whole time they were here.  I tried to keep my distance. I think they still had fun: hiking and Tom and Ken golfing.  Joan went to the temple one day.

It was perfect spring weather for hiking.  

A hike very near us is this one.  All across America, you can find these concrete arrows.  They were put there to help planes navigate across our country in the early years of flying.   It is quite a steep climb to get up to this one.  Joan said the arrow and view were worth the climb.




Joan was rewarded with a picnic.  Joan loves a picnic.  That's the epitaph she wants on her tombstone: " She loved a picnic."





Sorry about the sickness, Tom and Joan.  Thanks for coming!


No comments: