Monday, January 14, 2019

All At Once? Really?

December is such a busy and expensive month.  Ours was even more so this year.
Our fridge was a lemon.  We only had it  five years- a year and a half of that it was turned off while we were on our mission.  It roared!  And the stuff in the freezer would almost thaw, then refreeze.  Last summer we replaced the mother board or circuit board or something like that.  It worked for awhile, but then in November it started roaring again.  In December, we decided we had better replace it before it went completely out, causing disaster.  So, though I was not feeling well at all, we went out one Saturday and shopped for a new one.
Then on the next Monday, my computer keyboard and mouse no longer responded to the computer.  So much of what I do each day is on the computer. That needed to be replaced immediately.  Then on Tuesday, I woke up to find my iPhone was completely dead.  So on Tuesday, Ken went to purchase the fridge and I went to purchase a new iPhone and keyboard and mouse.  
Then on Wednesday I had an appointment with the car dealer to replace my driver side outside mirror. ( The morning after Thanksgiving, I was backing out of the garage to go to my radiation treatment and wasn't careful and ran the mirror into the garage door opening.  Ahh!)
So, all at once, in just three days we had four major purchases.

We are enjoying our new fridge, my keyboard, and I love my new iPhone xr.  And my car mirror looks almost as good as new.  As I look at those four things, I realize that they are among our most important possessions:  As I said, I use the computer every day to index, do family history, and blog!  I can't live without a phone.  And we can't live without a fridge.  And what would we do without cars!  The only two things I can think of that rank as high in importance is our bed and our piano.  So four of the highest six had to be replaced within 24 hours.  It wasn't great having them all go out at once, but we are so grateful we could replace them quickly.  

No comments: