Sunday, January 20, 2019

Mia Maid Christmas/ Farewell Party


The Mia Maid party was on the 18th of December and was oh, so fun.  We started by my showing them the video of their attribute white boards that we did several weeks ago.  Then we had lots of treats, then played the cellophane ball game.  They LOVED it!  They were so cute and had so much fun.  Then we did Christmas at the Rights to determine which gift they got to take home.  I think everyone had fun.


I made fudge, raspberry white chocolate scones, cheese ball and cracker, punch, and Karey brought pizza and caramel corn.


Prizes wrapped in cellophane and packing tape. One girl can work on unwrapping the ball until doubles are rolled, then it's the next girls' turn.
These pictures don't really show it, but the girls had a blast playing this game.  They were so cute!



When I planned the Christmas party, I didn't know it would also be a farewell party for the Mia Maids moving on to Laurels.  I lose seven very special girls and keep only two .  I don’t think there is a better calling in the church, where you can watch these precious girls grow right before your eyes.  I compare how they were a year ago, and I am just brought to tears at how they have blossomed and grown.  I will miss those seven, but get five new Mia Maids who I am sure I will come to love just as much.

No comments: