Saturday, August 12, 2017

Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good

Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford NovelSomewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel by Jan Karon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have been away from reading for 1 1/2 years- and away from reviewing books. I actually took this book with me on our mission to Japan- but didn’t have much time to read. I found it kind of hard to follow when the reading was spread out over nearly two years! I had read the Mitford Series several years ago, but obviously missed several of the books between those and this one, so found I did not get all of the references to previous happenings that were made in this book. I think you need to read these books in order to get the whole story. But, I do enjoy the characters (they seem more like friends) and the town and the peace that reading these Mitford books brings. I especially appreciate Father Tim. I love how he always says just the right thing. When I think of curling up with a book in a comfortable chair by a glowing fire on a cold night- this is the kind of book I want to be reading. The title is brilliant. I think it succinctly captures the human pursuit for most people on earth.



View all my reviews

No comments: