Saturday, September 3, 2016

An Unwelcome Visitor

One evening, we were just getting ready for bed when I noticed something on the floor near the genkan.  I went over to investigate and it JUMPED!  Ken was in brushing his teeth.  I screamed, "It's an animal!  Come quick!"  He just kept brushing his teeth.  "IT'S AN ANIMAL!  COME QUICK!"  "It had better be big!"  He turned off the toothbrush and came.  "I think it's a frog."  "Yep, it's a frog."  And he went back in and brushed his teeth.  Are you kidding?  So, what else is a girl to do.  I got my camera and recorded the moment.  Then I started texting my grandson, Nathan, who spent his entire summer catching frogs in his backyard. When we skyped recently, he brought one in from outside to show us.  "Nathan, come and save your Grandma!"  He didn't respond. 
When Ken finished his routine, he calmly came in and caught the frog and put it outside.  No big deal.  I was, and still am, a bit traumatized.  When I told our son-in-law Brian about it (Brian served his mission in a very hot, humid, primitive place in the isles of the Caribbean,) he just said, "Don't let them jump on you in  the shower."  OH. MY. 




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aaaaaahhhh! 🐸 I am with you Mom. Gives me the willies. 😱😬

Joan Morris said...

I don't blame you. I don't want frogs in my house. We had one in our pool once...It ended up smooshed up in the filter