Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Family Reunion "Appetizer"

We came home from Hannah's baby blessing on Sunday evening. We brought Caleb with us so as to make Shonna's trip down in a couple of days a little easier(with only two instead of three kids to bring), and so we could have some one on two time with him.  Kristen and her family arrived from Wisconsin on Monday evening.  Jared drove them out, then flew home to work for two weeks, leaving them to spend wonderful time with us before our official family reunion was to begin.  Michelle and her children and Shonna and her children came on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week.  It was the "appetizer" for our reunion held the last week of August, and we had a blast.  It was heavenly bedlum as my sister would say.

The Mackrorys arrive

Man, we've missed these kids!


We discovered we all had a nice pedicure- including Jakie!

We started out with a bang- celebrating Nathan's 7th birthday.

Circuits

and a remote control helicopter.

I wonder how many times these Care Bear books have been read at our house over the years?  I know my girls loved them, and now we read them to their kids.  
Happy birthday, dear Nathan!

Flying his new helicopter

I love this picture of Caleb, Jakie and Nathan watching it fly.
We, as we always do, watched Chopped together.  That inspired Brielle to challenge her dad in a Chopped competition.  Their ingredients were graham crackers, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and a cherry ice pop.  
They presented us with some delicious food.


Addie was the judge and thought both of them did a fabulous job.  She's still not declared the official winner.  I guess we'll have to wait until she learns to talk!

Jared, trying to sweet talk the judge


















The kids had so much fun playing together.

Addie gets introduced to the Granpa Machine.  I think she likes it!

We love singing together.  Kristen and I sang for church that Sunday with Shonna accompanying us.

The Grandpa Machine gets a workout!
We went twice to the St. George Children's Museum.  It is SO fun!!!
















Rock Star Caleb



The Queen\ and her One-Shoed Knight in Shining Armour (with a floppy sword)

 It was so funny trying to get a picture of all of the cousins in the door of the castle.  It was a bit like herding cats.






We never did get them all looking at the camera at the same time.


The bubble machine is always a hit.


Do a Dot Painting is tradition at Grandma's house.








Brielle entertaining the troops reading them a story


She also made lunch for everyone
Otter pops are also a Hinton tradition.  We had to introduce little Addie to the tradition.  I think she's a fan.
Kristen and the kids were here three weeks.  She was such a big help to me.  She always helps me organize in my house.  This time she helped me organize my bedroom and bathroom into bins and containers.  And she organized all of the toys downstairs.  It will be so nice.

Grandpa and Nathan building the toy bin shelving
Even little Jakie helped screw in screws

Our newly organized toy closet

The labeled toy bins.  Everything has a place; Everything in it's place!
My closet.  Ken put one of those units right in my closet- eliminating the need for a dresser.

I wish I had taken "before" pictures of my closet.  Maybe it's better I didn't!




Bathroom


Nathan spent the entire morning helping Grandpa in the yard and picking peaches to take to the reunion.

The kids were SO excited to pick up their Dad at the airport after not seeing him for two weeks.
We celebrated Addie's birthday a bit early so we could watch her open her first doll.  I didn't get it on film, but the first thing she did was give the doll and hug and kiss.  It was so cute.  Here's she exploring the doll's eyes.
All of this was a great appetizer for our family reunion.  Stay tuned for the "Main Course" Family Reunion!




4 comments:

Pam said...

Cute, cute, cute! Can't wait for the main course! LOVED seeing the kids! And does Kristen hire out?

Shonna said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for hosting all of us and thanks for taking Caleb down early--that made my trip so much easier. And your organized stuff looks amazing!!! And I have seen the "before" closet--way to go guys! ;)

Kristen Mackrory said...

So man bright, fun, happy pictures! I have to say my favorite caption referred to the one shoed knight with a floppy sword. Lol! You did a great job of capturing the memories and fun.

Pal & Hatty said...

You have so many fun family traditions and you captured them so well with all of your cute photos! I love "the grandpa machine" it brings back happy memories of Grandpa Gabrielsen and Dad! You have a beautiful family and I can tell that you love being together!