Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Echoes

EchoesEchoes by Maeve Binchy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I wasn’t fond of the beginning and the ending of this book, but the middle was really good. I didn’t like the beginning because of Binchy’s irritating habit of just suddenly sneaking a new character into the story. They suddenly speak and are part of the story with no explanation of who they are. I found it to be hard work, underlining characters’ names and their relationships to each other. Therefore, it took me a long time to get into the book. But then the story was engaging and I got to know the characters -really liking some and really disliking others. It was a story of determination and love and rising above one’s station with that determination as well as help from others. But the ending was a disappointment. It should have been a happier ending, and would have been had I written it.



View all my reviews

No comments: