Friday, February 14, 2014

Commuter Grandma


Hangin' with these folks these days

Shonna's baby girl is due May 20th, but she's already- it started at week 24- having contractions and signs that may mean that little girl is trying to come too early.  So Shonna has been put on modified bed rest.  And I've become a commuter Grandma.  I spent 10 days up in Logan helping and I'm now home for a few days to teach my voice lessons.  I will head back up on Sunday.  I'll be doing this back and forth  until the baby is born or until the doctor says Shonna can get off bed- well, really couch- rest.  The kids play around her on the floor by the couch and lots of times right up there with her and even on her.  They think it's pretty fun to have an always- attentive mom.  And I try to keep the wheels on in the house and keep them fed and I wipe a lot of little bums and read a lot of stories, too.  I miss Ken a lot, but it's fun to spend time with the Cameron family.  I am so grateful I am in a position that I can help.  Prayers that Baby Girl Cameron stays put for a good while will be much appreciated!!!!

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a good Grandma you are! Shonna and family are so blessed to have you!
We'll keep Shonna in our prayers!

Pal & Hatty said...

Bless you Kay! Getting babies here safely can require lots of sacrifice from mom's and grandmas! Be safe as you make the trips back and forth!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Commuter Grandma. I love it! That is the perfect term to describe it. You are such an amazing person. I feel blessed to know you. I know how much you have blessed our lives when babies have been born.

sara cardon said...

Shonna's a lucky girl to have a mom close enough to come help!! Crossing my fingers that little lady stays put for awhile.:)

Pam said...

You are a wonderful mom and grandma, Kay! When I think about those little grandkids of yours snuggled on your lap and you reading and telling them stories with your expressive voice and personality, I think that they are lucky, indeed! And all of the Camerons are benefiting from your cooking and chore-doing - I know they so appreciate you. We'll keep Shonna and baby in our prayers.

Jessica said...

So wonderful of you to help out! And Shonna's so lucky to have you near so you can. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.