Thursday, October 24, 2013

Miracles on Maple Hill

Miracles on Maple HillMiracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorensen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This sweet (no pun intended) book is written from the point of view of Marly, a young girl. She and her family move from the big city (Pittsburg) to Maple Hill where life is more simple and where good people and the wonders of nature help heal her war-damaged father. I loved reading the detailed and beautifully written descriptions of nature and the characters and the happenings on Maple Hill. I loved Marly's attitude in seeing the beauties of nature and goodness of people as miracles. I loved learning about the process of "sugaring" and making maple syrup from the tree sap. The book made me long for a simpler time when family and friends and the wonders of nature were the center of life and truly were a miracle. It's a delightful book, but I must warn you of one thing: it will give you an overwhelming desire to eat pancakes smothered in maple syrup!



View all my reviews

No comments: