Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Walk Two Moons

Walk Two MoonsWalk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the best book I’ve read since, . . . since Up a Road Slowly by Irene Hunt. I LOVED this book. I wish I could give it 7 stars. It is funny, it is sad, it has mystery and intrigue, and it’s characters are real and oh, so very loveable. I was somewhere in the middle of it when I took a break from reading and went to the grocery store. I found myself thinking about it as I walked up and down the grocery aisles, and found myself crying for Sal and Phoebe. I was literally crying in the grocery store. This book moves you, and believe me, if you don’t cry at the end, something’s seriously wrong with you. It is powerful and moving and, oh how I wish I had written it. I don’t care what age or gender you are, you need to read this powerful book. It will help you understand people better. It will make you more compassionate and caring. And it will entertain you. You’ll have a hard time putting it down. If you know a young person (or an old one) who doesn’t come from a traditional, caring, two-parent family, you need to read this book and maybe give them a copy. The author is most deserving of the Newberry Medal she won for writing it in 1995. This one goes on my "need to read it again sometime" shelf.



View all my reviews

No comments: