Thursday, September 26, 2013

The View From Saturday

The View from SaturdayThe View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My daughters and I had a wonderful discussion about this book in our online book club. This is the third Konigsburg book we've read and discussed and agreed this is our favorite of the three. It made an excellent book club book as there were so many insights and deeper meanings to be discussed. Konigsburg is a genius writer. The story and characters can be thoroughly enjoyed by a sixth grader, but adults can enjoy pealing the layers of meaning and symbolism and really get a lot out of it on their level as well. I love books like that. It is the story of four very intelligent sixth graders, brought together by their need for friends and acceptance(a common theme in her books.) They are chosen to represent their class in an academic bowl competition and truly become a team in every sense. Though character-driven, there is plenty of action and conflict to keep you turning the pages.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Great review mom!

Michelle said...

I loved this book as well. Can I just copy and paste your review into my goodreads? You said it perfectly. :)