Friday, September 27, 2013

Trip To Wisconsin

I recently returned from a wonderful week in Wisconsin where I met our newest granddaughter, Audrey Elizabeth Mackrory.  She is child number four in the Mackrory family.
The whole family picked me up at the airport on Sunday evening.  When we got to the house, there were welcome notes posted throughout the house and even suckers for me taped to the door knob.

Nathan, Jacob, and Brielle


And even some chocolates on my bed.  

Welcome to the world, Audrey Elizabeth!

Sister time


This picture is a bit blurry, but it shows Audrey's favorite position.  When you lay her down, she always turns on her side.  

It was so fun to be in the Mackrory home and see how their day to day life is.  Brielle reads a chapter from the bible every night.  She already read the whole Book of Mormon.  She will be baptized in November.  Nathan also reads from the children's versions of the scriptures.  


Jakie  and I hung out together a lot while the others were at school.  He is such a fun little boy  Here he is playing  his "guitar." (rubber bands around a shoe box.)  

He heard a guitar in the kid's music I played for him, so ran to get his "guitar" to play along and dance.  So cute!




We took Audrey to the doctor for a weight check.  She mostly wanted to eat!

Brielle and I made the treats for Family home evening on Monday. 

Family Home Evening

I think this picture of Family Home Evening belongs in the Ensign.  The children are so engaged.  It was so fun to be there and witness it.  

Even Audrey was sort of alert!

Wisconsin had a terrible storm/storms in July.  Actually five tornadoes touched down in the area.  Many were without power or Internet for days.  Luckily, Kristen's family was fine with minimal damage.  Cute story:  the storm hit around midnight.  It hit with fury and awoke everyone.  Nathan, who was sleeping on the top bunk woke up scared.  He kneeled up and was saying a prayer for protection when he heard his little brother below him get out of bed.  He said he changed his mind about praying and ran for his parents room.  They huddled in the basement for a little while until it passed.  Their power came back on the next afternoon, but many were without power for days.

Nathan's soccer practice.
Running right through the soccer practice field is a train track.  A train came through during practice.  The little boys were SO excited.  I didn't get a picture then, so I asked after practice to show me what he did when he saw the train.  YEP,  That's what he did.  

I got to go two days to the school and read to the children in the library.  I did Brielle's 2nd grade class on Tuesday.  I taught them the Alligator Stroll from Sandra Boynton's new book.  It was so fun, but we forgot to take pictures.  We took this one after Brielle got home:

  On Thursday, I did Nathan's 1st grade class.  I read "Enemy Pie."  It was so fun.  So fun.  





Nathan showed me his locker . . .

. . . and desk.  



Remembering heaven.  

The updated Mackrory family.  

Kristen and baby Audrey.  (Yes, Kristen's eyes really are that blue.)






5 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

What a precious family! I'm so glad that you were able to go and spend time with them! I'm sure they loved having grandma come to visit! I love the picture of you reading to the children!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Thank you for coming! MY favorite
part was when you read to my class!
It was so fun to have you there!
Love,
Brielle

Joan Morris said...

It was so fun reading about your trip and seeing Kristen's cute family. It looks like they LOVED having Grandma come help. That is so fun that you got to go to school and read to the kids. What great memories.Baby Audrey is beautiful.

Michelle said...

It is so fun to have a small insight into the Mackrory family's every-day life. Thanks for the fun pictures. You look so pretty in that first pic, holding Audrey. Those kids in Brielle and Nathan's class are lucky to have you read them a story . . . you are the best story reader ever. I just got "Ira Sleeps Over" from the library and couldn't help but imitate your voice as I read it to Gabbi the other night.

Pam said...

I love the suckers on the door, your expressions on your face while story-telling, the precious attentiveness of the children in FHE, and that beautiful baby, Audrey, remembering Heaven. What a sweet little family Kristen and Jared have now! Seeing how that next generation of our kids operate their families, doesn't it just give you hope for the future?