Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quick Trip to Boise

In August, we traveled to Boise to hear Taylor Morris report his mission in sacrament meeting.  We traveled to Ogden on Friday, then to Boise on Saturday, arriving in the afternoon.  We left Sunday afternoon- traveled to Orem, then got home on Monday by noon so Ken could attend his partner meeting at work.  So, it was a bit of whirlwind trip and we packed lots in.  Idaho be a burnin- or was then.  This is one of the fires we saw.  We thought it was interesting that the clouds accumulated above the smoke.  
We had a pool party and barbecue in Joan and Tom's backyard Saturday evening.  

I love Lucy!  Isn't she cute?


Choo Choo train on the slide


Devin's Sophie

Sara's Zack


Little Leah- the newest addition to the Morris clan


 Sunday, we attended sacrament meeting and heard Taylor and Bishop Tom (better known as Grandpa Tom Tom) speak.  They both did an excellent job and told good Dominican Republic stories. Taylor has grown and matured so much and truly learned to love the people of the Dominican Republic.
 As I was sitting in that meeting, I realized that another wish of my heart could be fulfilled.  My brother, John has been the stake president in Caldwell for ten years and yet I've never heard him speak or act in the capacity of a stake president. He and Cindy and Ami and kids were at Joan's ward, too, but were hurrying away after so John could preside and speak at a ward conference.  I got directions from Cindy and we followed them to the new church building in Caldwell that was built under John's direction.  It was such a joy for me to hear my brother speak and to see and feel the love he has for the members of his stake.  He is a powerful leader and speaker.  I am so grateful we got to be there and hear him.  We hurried back to Boise after to have a fun family meal.  I love when I get to see my cousins and nieces and nephews, and of course, siblings, and to feel the love of family.  It was a great weekend and so worth the long drive.
Joan, Pam, John, and me- my siblings minus my sister, Patty (who is in Germany)

Bishop Tom, Joan, Roger, Pam, John, Cindy, Kay, and Ken (we missed Patty and Hal!)
PS  Pregnant Missy was on a chair taking this picture.  She's awesome.  She only told us we looked stupid once!

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

We were so happy you were willing to make that marathon trip! Thanks again. FYI - those forest fires create their own weather, so that's why those big cumulus clouds are formed above the fire ;)Great pictures, I love the underwater ones.

Jessica said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love all the pics! Wished we lived closer so we could go to these things.

sara cardon said...

I love those pictures of Lucy! Your new camera is cool. It was so fun to see you guys again and so nice of you to come support Taylor!

Pam said...

Love your sense of humor!