Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The View From the Cherry Tree

The View From the Cherry TreeThe View From the Cherry Tree by Willo Davis Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I just reread this murder mystery for the third time. I've been reading "hard to plough through" books lately, and needed a page turner. I knew this one would fill the bill. I try to wait long enough between readings that I don’t remember "who done it." I didn’t wait long enough this time. Before many pages, I remembered who the murderer was, but still that didn’t spoil it for me. I literally couldn’t put it down. The book is written for older children, but it is intense! It’s the story of a child who accidentally sees a murder from his favorite hiding place in the cherry tree. His family is so busy with preparations for his sister’s wedding that none of them will listen to him when he tries to tell his story. The killer knows he saw, though, and keeps trying to kill him so that he can’t tell his story. It is page turning intensity right to the last page. It’s the classic “Kid verses Evil Adult” story, and I’ll bet you can guess who wins!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

This sounds like a really good book! I love mysteries and I really enjoy books written for children of any age - I will have to read this!