Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Perfect Valentine's Day



Ken and I had the perfect Valentine's Day.  Every year we take a pilgrimage back to where we honeymooned- Ruby's Inn at the mouth of Bryce Canyon. Ken audits a little town near there and each winter he attends their city council meeting and reports his findings.  The meeting was scheduled on Valentine's Day, which was perfect for us.  

We enjoyed a beautiful drive up there on a beautiful, clear winter day.




Ken dropped me off at the hotel while he went to the city council meeting.  When he came back, he surprised me with a dozen red roses.  Who knew you could buy roses in the little town of Tropic?

 While Ken took his walk five miles to the entrance of Bryce Canyon, I sang for an hour, preparing for The Keynotes to sing for our ward's high priest social on Friday night.

We had a delicious steak dinner at Ruby's Inn.  Their steak is THE best we've ever tasted.  Ken asked them once for the recipe.  He came home and ordered all the ingredients online, but it wasn't the same.  He's got a source that used to work there and is hoping they'll give him the recipe for the rub and marinade.  It is his quest to figure it out! Whatever they do, the steaks are incredible!
We also love the portebella mushrooms with gorgonzola cheese.
We took dessert " to go" to eat later.  We then went swimming in the indoor pool.  I did a 45 minute swim and Ken did an hour swim.  We both were sucking wind.  But we had to do something to work off all of those calories!  We then enjoyed dessert in the room and I even got a foot rub!   It was the perfect Valentine's Day.

We got home in the afternoon on Friday.  That evening, the Keynotes, well actually HALF of the Keynotes( the rest were out of town) performed for our high priest social.  We all had to work hard to get the seven songs ready in time(not quite half of our whole program).  Our concert is in April, so February is a little early to have songs memorized and performance worthy, but they all did it and it went great.  I sure love these ladies.
  
So, for me, it was the perfect Valentine's:
1)A nice, long drive with my husband
2) Staying in a nice hotel
3) Roses!
4) Singing
5) A delicious dinner
6) A good swim
7) A foot massage
8) As Ken would say, "A good time was had by all."

6 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

This does sound like a perfect Valentine's Day! I love the pictures of you and Ken and the roses and food look pretty darn good too!! I glad you had such a great day!

Michelle said...

How fun! You guys look great in your keynote matching shirts. I'm sure you did a great job. Good job Daddy, finding roses in Tropic!

Kristen Mackrory said...

That DOES sound perfect. I'm a little jealous that you honeymooned in a place that you can return each year to celebrate your union. I would love to find a romantic place like that around here. I'm so glad you had such a nice time.

Shonna said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a perfect Valentine's Day!!! Love the roses! Blake got me some purple/blue hydrangea. They are the permanent botanical (fake) kind so I can always keep them in a vase on my table-yay!

Pam said...

Good time, indeed! And so well deserved! I LOVE Valentine's Day!

sara cardon said...

Fun catching up on your blog! Sounds like a great day- I love me a good steak!