Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Happiness Project

The Happiness ProjectThe Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


My daughters and I read this book for our online book club. I think it generated the best discussion we've had on any of the books we've read. The book is the report of the author's research and year-long experiment in improving her personal happiness. It is full of great quotes and research on the subject. It prompted all of us to set goals and improve the happiness in our lives, so it was definitely good. But, I kept wanting to share with Mrs. Rubin the real keys to happiness. She almost gets it, but not quite. She put her children in day care so she could write about happiness. Something is wrong with this picture! She's climbing the ladder of happiness, but when she gets to the top, she may find that her ladder is leaning against the wrong wall!   But, as I said, there is much good in the book and much food for thought.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This did make for a great discussion! I agree with your review. Well said, about the ladder. I love your cute Christmas blog background!

Joan Morris said...

I started that book about a year ago and haven't finished it. Our book club also discussed it and had similar thoughts as yours. I will have to finish the book.