Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Project

What?  A craft project on my blog?   I know, it doesn't happen very often, since I'm not much of a crafter.  But since they have all opened them and are using them with their children, I can share with you "the project" I worked many hours on this fall.  When my children were little, I made one of these nativity advent calendars.  They grew up doing it every year, taking the different players in the important nativity story out of the pockets each day.  I found out how much it meant to them when they all came for Christmas last year and the number one request was that I have my calendar out for their kids to do it.  I determined then that I would make one for each of them for Christmas this year.  It was so fun to make each little figure and think about each of my grandchildren how they would enjoy what their moms had enjoyed when they were little.  I hope it helps them to feel the true spirit of Christmas in their homes.


Michelle wrote a guest post on a Mommy blog about this tradition.

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I got my pattern for the same calendar from you and now Sara also has one. It is a great family tradition. What an act of service from a not so crafty Mom ;)

Kristen Mackrory said...

Just last night Jared and I were talking about how much we love this and how it will be a treasure for our family every year. Thank you for your loving , thoughtful creation. It is bringing much joy.

Pam said...

What a beautiful gift to your kids and grandkids - and from the heart!